Congratulations to Frankie Cronin who was recently presented with the Master Angler trophy for 2010. Mistakenly we had earlier reported that Danny Kane had won the title, but when the final scores had been totted up Frankie pipped him for the position. This is Frankie's second year in the row winning the Master Angler title.
Here are the list of the Club competitions for 2011:
1. Sunday 8th May 10am - 6pm Open Boat (Master Angler)
2. Monday 16th May 6pm - 9:30pm Evening Boat Comp
3. Sunday 12th June 10am - 6pm Open Boat (Master Angler)
4. Monday 20th June 6pm - 9:30pm Evening Boat Comp
5. Sunday 17th July 10am - 6pm Open Boat (Master Angler)
6. Monday 25th July 6pm - 9:30pm Evening Boat Comp
7. Monday 5th Sept - Friday 9th Sept 45th International Sea Angling Festival
Book them into your diary now. Entries for the club competitions must be in with Mary at 021 - 4812167 for the Thurs before the date so that boats can be organised.
Other dates you may want to make a note of are:
1. May 29th - Munster Open Boat Championships Dunmore East (entries to Mary by May 5th)
2. June 11th - Munster Closed Boat Championships Valentia (entries to Mary by May 16th)
3. August 6th - Munster Juvenile Boat Championships (Crosshaven ) 12 - 4pm.
4. Sept 24/25th - All Ireland Findlater-Shalimar Caherciveen